Postgame Thoughts: Hawks Lose To Cavs
by Jaryd Wilson
A few thoughts after Wednesday night’s 99-83 loss to the Cavaliers:
– Great to see Devin Harris back on the floor tonight. The Hawks have had very few games with 14 available bodies this season, so hopefully this is a sign that the injury bug is finally moving on.
– Larry Drew chose to go big tonight, starting Zaza Pachulia over Lou Williams. What did you think Hawks fans? Should Zaza stay in the lineup, or were we better with Lou out there?
– The Hawks failed to get to the free throw line in the first half and only scored 12 points in the second quarter, forcing themselves to have to play from behind once again.
– Jeff Teague bounced back nicely tonight after a few rough games offensively. He scored 15 points on 7-11 shooting and dished out eight assists.
– Wednesday’s game continued a disturbing and unusual trend for the Hawks. For the eighth straight road game, Atlanta allowed more than 25 points in the first quarter. This time it was the three-ball that doomed the Hawks early as the Cavs hit 7 of 10 threes in the opening frame.
The message from Coach Drew has been the same throughout the losing streak, but the same problems keep creeping up. The Hawks seem to be letting their opponents set the tone, especially in the first half. Hopefully the return of Harris and eventually Morrow will help change that.
Thoughts on the game tonight Hawks fans?