2013-14 Atlanta Hawks Schedule Released
The Hawks 2013-14 schedule has been released, and the Hawks will open their regular season on Oct. 30 in Dallas to play the Mavericks. After returning home for a game on Nov. 1 against the Toronto Raptors, the Hawks will head out for a three game west coast road trip where they will face the Kings, Lakers, and Nuggets.
Schedule Notes and Oddities:
- From Dec. 4-20 the Hawks will play seven home games, with the lone road game at Madison Square Garden to face the Knicks on Dec. 14. From Dec. 4-13 Atlanta will host the Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Washington Wizards in their longest home-stand of the season.
- The longest road-trip of the season will be from Feb. 26 – March 10 when the Hawks will play six road games. They will begin their trip in Boston against the Celtics before heading to the west coast to play the Phoenix Suns, Portland Trailblazers, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz.
- The Hawks will play against the Detroit Pistons in a home-and-away set in November with the Pistons coming to Atlanta on Nov. 20 and the Hawks traveling to Detroit for their next game on Nov. 22.
- 18 of the Hawks’ 20 back-to-back sets of games will be home and away games, and they will not have any back-to-back games at home.
- The Hawks will have three off-days in a row prior to and after their Jan. 16 game against the Brooklyn Nets in London. They play on the road against the Memphis Grizzlies on Jan. 12 and will play at home against the Miami Heat on Jan. 20.
- 20 of the Hawks home games will be played on either Friday (11) or Wednesday (9). Atlanta will play in five Sunday games, all of them on the road.
Over the next few weeks we will be counting down the 10 best/most intriguing games on the schedule here on the Hawks official blog.