Analyzing Kyle Korver’s Record Setting Streak
Kyle Korver began his record-setting streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer on November 4, 2012 in Oklahoma City, where he went 1-for-5 from three-point range. Against the Cavaliers, he passed Dana Barros’ record of 89 in the first quarter with a three-pointer on the right-wing. To celebrate his record-setting achievement, we are going to look back at how he got to 90 consecutive games with a made three-point basket.
|All 90 Threes|
|Players Congratulate Kyle|
- During his streak, Korver made just one three-pointer in 23 of the 90 games. He’s made four three-pointers or more in 20 of the 90 games.
- Korver is shooting 46.8% from the three-point line during the streak, making 235 of his 502 three-point attempts along the way.
- Korver shot 43-of-84 (52.4%) from the left corner, 54-of-128 (42.8%) from the left wing, 24-of-54 (44.4%) from the top of the key, 72-of-148 (48.6%) from the right wing, and 40-of-88 (45.5%) from the right corner during the streak.
- Over the last two seasons, Korver shot 50.6% (127-of-251) on spot-up attempts, 42.7% (61-of-143) on transition three-point attempts, 38.8% (40-of-103) coming off of off-ball screens, and 58.6% (17-of-29) on hand-off attempts.
- Korver is averaging 1.4 points per possession on spot-up shooting attempts over the past two seasons.
- The most three-pointers he made in a game during the streak was eight against the Boston Celtics on January 25, 2013. He was 8-for-12 in the game, and made all eight in the second half, helping the Hawks force overtime and eventually double overtime where they won 123-111.
- The most three-pointers he made in a game without missing during the streak came earlier this season on the road against the Lakers when he went 6-for-6 in a two-point loss in Los Angeles.
- The two latest times a game that Korver made his first three-point basket were in Orlando on February 13, 2013 when he made a three-pointer with 6:01 to play in the game (Korver went 1-of-5 from three-point range in that game), and against the Celtics in Boston on March 8, 2013 he made his first three-pointer with 1:31 to play in the game (He finished 1-of-4).
- The second longest streak over the past two seasons is 53 consecutive games, by Stephen Curry. The longest streak since the 2000-01 season prior to Korver was 62 by Peja Stojakovic.