Injury Update – 3.18.12
Larry Drew will have his work cut out for him again today in Cleveland when he is trying to find the right combinations to put out on the court. The Hawks will have five players sidelined due to injury/illness, leaving just 10 healthy bodies to try and steal a road win against the Cavs.
Players that will not be in uniform include:
- Marvin Williams (missing his 3rd game with a hip flexor injury)
- Willie Green (missing his 10th game in a row, first with a back injury, and now with tweaked hamstring)
- Jannero Pargo (stomach flu)
- Vladimir Radmanovic (back)
- Al Horford (missing his 34th straight game with a pectoral tear)
The good news for the Hawks is that, other than Al Horford, most of the issues are minor and we should see these guys back on the court soon.
You will notice that Jason Collins is NOT on the list, as “Twin” will return to action after missing the last 21 games with an elbow injury.
Looking at the list of available reserves, the Hawks should have plenty of options to give Zaza a break or some help inside, with Collins, Ivan Johnson and Erick Dampier providing rebounding and muscle. The area were they are thin off the bench will be ball handling and playmaking.
With Sunday’s game serving as the first of a back-to-back, LD would like to limit the minutes of his verteran duo of Tracy McGrady and Jerry Stackhouse, but that does not look like it will be an option today.