Postgame Thoughts: Hawks Leave For Road Trip On Good Note
A few thoughts after tonight’s 122-108 win over the Kings:
– The talk of the week has been about whether or not Josh Smith was going to stay or go.Â He appears to be relieved of the distractions.Â J-Smoove went an efficient 8-12 from the field (18 points) to go with six rebounds and four assists.Â Weâ€™re excited to have him around a little longer.
– Â Jeff Teague is quickly becoming a force.Â Having by far the best offensive season of his young career, he added 20 points, 12 assists, four rebounds, three steals and three blocks.Â As my colleague said, this is a different team when he plays well.
– The streak lives!Â Kyle Korver has now made a three-pointer in 47 straight games, extending a franchise record.
– Al Horford led the Hawks in scoring for the second straight game and is now averaging just a shade under 25 points per game over his past four games, scoring at least 21 points in all of them.
– DeShawn Stevenson made five of his six three-point attempts.Â On a night where Korver shot just 2-7 from deep, it was nice to see Stevenson with the touch.
– Eleven of the 13 players on the roster scored tonight.Â The only two who didnâ€™t were Johan Petro and newly-acquired Hawk Dahntay Jones, who both saw limited action.Â Six Hawks (Smith, Teague, Korver, Horford, Stevenson and Devin Harris) all scored in double figures.
This was a huge win for the Hawks as they leave for a season-long six game road trip that starts tomorrow night in Milwaukee.Â Weâ€™ll find out a lot about this team over the next week and a half against some good teams away from home.Â Theyâ€™re leaving on a good note.
Photo by Scott Cunningham/NBAE/Getty Images